Media outlets are requested to follow the Ste. Genevieve R-II School District protocol when wishing to do a story that involves the school district or any of its employees or students:
1. Always contact Communications Director Bailey Otto prior to making contact with any other school employee or student. The phone number is (573) 883-4500 ext. 2950.
2. The Director of Communications will provide media outlets with key information. If necessary, the director will also assist in providing key employees to discuss school issues with the reporter.
3. Media representatives are also reminded that no student may be interviewed or photographed without the school first determining that the student's parents have signed a media release form.
4. As with all interviews, media representatives must contact the Director of Communications prior to taking photographs or videotaping on school grounds.
5. Once permission is granted by the Director of Communications, media representatives are asked to check in with the office of any school that they may be using in a story, photograph, or videotape prior to continuing with their work.
We are happy to accommodate our media representatives in sharing the important work of our staff and students, along with information regarding issues related to the school district. We appreciate the media’s role in informing the public on relevant events, with the understanding that our first priority is student safety followed by the importance of focused instructional time. These procedures ensure that everyone’s time is used efficiently and effectively. Thank you!