Had school been in session last week, many members of the Ste. Genevieve FFA would have been packing their bags and heading off to Columbia, Missouri, for the State FFA Convention. The students would be participating in the contests, receiving their proficiency awards, performing state talents, representing our chapter as a delegate or receiving their State FFA Degree. However, while Missouri State FFA had to make the difficult decision to postpone the 92nd State FFA Convention,, the organization worked to find a solution that honored members and chapters in a positive way. During the week of April 20, the organization shared video releases prepared by the 2019-2020 State FFA Officers announcing the contest winners.Congratulations to our twelve First Place Area 15 Proficiency Award winners representing the Ste. Genevieve FFA Chapter below!
- Agricultural Mechanics Repair & Maintenance Placement - Dylan Joggerst
- Agricultural Processing - Dakota Carron
- Agricultural Sale Entrepreneurship - Sean Schmieder
- Diversified Crop Production Placement - Cole Romann
- Equine Science Entrepreneurship - Jessica Rayfield
- Forage Production - Leo Gegg
- Forest Management - Cody Schilli
- Fruit Production - Braxton Joggerst
- Service Learning - Jacob Boyer
- Specialty Animal Production - Ava Springkamper
- Swine Production - Zach Burr
- Turf Grass Management - Kaleb Roth
- Area Star in Placement - Kyle Naeger
Congratulations to three students who earned their State FFA Degree this year: Rebecca Pfaff, Katie Chapman and Kyle NaegerMissouri State FFA plans to host a convention later in the summer (in person or virtual) to focus on recognizing the achievements of members and chapters.